Applications to participate are due March 8, 2023
The ALCF, together with NVIDIA and OpenACC, is co-organizing a hybrid hackathon to help researchers prepare their code for the upcoming INCITE call for proposals.
The ALCF INCITE Hackathon provides an opportunity for research teams to accelerate their AI or HPC research under the guidance of expert mentors from ALCF and vendor experts in a collaborative environment.
These teams of mentors and attendees work together to realize performance gains and speedups using a variety of programming models, libraries, and tools. The goal is for computational scientists to port, accelerate, and optimize their scientific applications to modern computer architectures including GPUs.
Here are the dates for the hackathon:
- April 18: Team/Mentor virtual meeting from 09:00 - 11:00 AM CT
- April 25: Virtual meeting 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- May 2-4: The event will be offered either in-person at Argonne National Laboratory or virtually over Zoom from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM each day
Participating teams should leave the event either with their applications accelerated and/or optimized on the latest supercomputing hardware or with a clear roadmap of the next steps needed to leverage these resources. This hackathon is open to everyone looking to take their projects to the next level; however, priority acceptance will be given to teams seeking to improve their computational readiness for INCITE and ALCC program allocations.
No previous GPU experience is required, but teams are expected to be fluent with the code they bring to the event and motivated to make progress at the hackathon. HPC, AI, or data science projects are welcome.
- Teams are expected to be fluent with the code or project they bring to the event and motivated to make progress during the hackathon.
- A minimum of 3 team members must be participating throughout the entire event. Lack of participation for the duration of the hackathon may cause the entire team to be excused.
- Projects brought to the event are required to have a license attached and detailed in the application. For more information on why licenses are important and how to obtain one, please use the following links: